NHS Chapter Promotions Coordinator
The Chapter Promotions Coordinator is important to maintaining a positive view of the Chapter and assisting with the general school population's understanding of the Chapter. The Promotion Coordinator's work provides an opportunity for enlisting the help of many students to help reach these goals.
You will be expected to:
- Research, discuss, recommend, act, evaluate, and report
- Brainstorm and present ideas
- Consider, choose, and do specific tasks
- Carry out assignments within deadlines
- Follow-through and complete a job
- Use team-building and group-management talents
- Work as part of a team, not just the leader.
The Promotion Coordinator's Challenge
To be successful as an Honor Society Promotion Coordinator, you need to know how to handle many types of situations. You must be mature, organized, have sound judgment, and have the ability to work with many different kinds of people and personalities. You need to listen and be a committed participant in chapter activities and responsibilities. There is also the practical side of being Promotion Coordinator that requires energy, careful management of time, and a good relationship with committee members.
As a Promotion Coordinator, you need to have:
- A positive attitude about yourself and your own worth, as well as the worth of others and of authority figures
- The ability to listen
- The ability to give direction
- The ability to stimulate group spirit with an awareness of consequences
- Self-discipline, self-knowledge, and self-determination
- Patience, an open mind, and a willingness to reach consensus in decisions
- The ability to delegate responsibility, share authority, and follow up without intimidation
- Organizational and creative skills
- Enthusiasm and dedication
- Ability to communicate carefully and work within a team structure
- Commitment to committees and their goals
- Problem-solving skills
- People skills.
The Promotion Coordinator needs to:
- Make sure the school community has a clear understanding of the Chapter’s function and responsibility.
- Assist in analyzing and coming up with solutions or options for promoting the Chapter.
- Facilitate discussion and help members of committees express ideas for the committee work.
- Act as a facilitator of group discussion by summarizing, clarifying, etc.
- Keep the group focused.
- Research information and resources for the committee.
- Arrange meeting agenda, meeting times, and work timelines.
- Keep the chapter president apprised of committee progress.
- Constantly monitor progress toward deadlines.
- Be on time to committee meetings or work sessions.
- Work behind the scenes to help iron out differences between people.
- Give assistance, guidance, and praise when appropriate.
- Cultivate an atmosphere in which ideas are reviewed by their merit rather than on the status of the person who proposed the idea.
- Encourage both quantity and quality of work
- Take responsibility for your part of the committee’s work.
- Be cooperative and helpful to the committee members.
- Remember this must be a group effort, not a one-person show.
- Participate in Honor Society-sponsored activities.