Shadowing at Tampa Prep
Visiting students are paired with host students who guide them through a typical school day, introducing them to classmates and teachers as they experience a day in the life of a Tampa Prep Terrapin. The Admissions Office will conduct an interview at some point in the day. (In order to schedule a Shadowing Day, students must have an application on file and must have had a parent meeting with Admissions. See Applying for Admission for details.)
Students can be scheduled on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday from October through March. Applicants should contact the Admissions Office to schedule an appointment.
Please arrive at the school by 8:35 a.m. as classes begin at 8:50 a.m. Students will participate in a full day until 3:30 p.m. At 2:30 p.m., parents are invited back to meet with a Parent Ambassador to learn about our programs from a parent perspective (October 1 - March 1 only).
Tips for Students
- Please adhere to the Tampa Prep dress code and wear a collared shirts or blouse. Jeans, pants or appropriate length skirts are acceptable. Athletic shorts are not permitted.
- Bring a writing utensil and notebook to make note of any impressions or insights about your experience that you might want to share with your family members after your visit.
- Also bring a book to read and/or iPad or Kindle for downtime during classes.
- Lunch will be provided, but bring money to purchase drinks and/or snacks.
- Visitation day ends at 3:30 p.m.