If Tampa Prep is seeking professional staff and faculty positions, you will see them listed below. Tampa Prep is an independent, coeducational, inclusive, urban day school enrolling over 650 students in grades six through twelve.
Tampa Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources Manager (HRM)
Tampa Preparatory School is seeking an energetic, thoughtful, compassionate, flexible and organized Human Resources Manager (HRM) with excellent interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor to coordinate HR policies and programs with an emphasis on benefit administration, employee retention and payroll. A more specific and abbreviated list of the functions of the position includes being a resource and support to all employees of the School, a liaison for employees to the employee benefits program, managing the employee assistance program, some accounting practices and additional duties as identified by the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The position requires an individual who is diligent and understands the time sensitivity of many of the issues and opportunities included in the field of human resources, as this position is directly related to employees of Tampa Preparatory School and the professional and life experiences in their careers. The position also requires that the HRM possess a unique combination of technical skills to accompany strong interpersonal skills. This position requires a unique combination of skills, a positive attitude and a firm understanding of the importance of confidentiality. The HRM must possess an ability to work under pressure and through pressured situations. As an advocate, cheerleader and career consultant, the Human Resource Manager contributes to the overall satisfaction with employment and improves productivity and the working experience at Tampa Preparatory School. The Human Resource Manager provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource budgetary planning to the CFO and Head of School, is a direct report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and works within the Business Office functions of the school. At a minimum, the HRM should hold a bachelor’s degree and experience in the field is preferred. Interested parties should review the full Job Description and HR Overview for more details about this position.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; tuition remission; and retirement (TIAA-CREF). Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit cover letter and resume to Nancy Horbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking a high school mathematics instructor beginning in the 2016-2017 academic year. This individual will likely teach Algebra and Geometry courses, although the ability to teach other math classes is beneficial. Applicants should be sensitive to the social and developmental needs of high school students, creative with educational applications of technology, facile with an iPad, and willing to contribute to extracurricular activities. Candidates should possess a bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in mathematics or mathematics education.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; tuition remission; and retirement (TIAA-CREF). Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit materials to Donald Morrison at email@example.com.
This position, beginning in the 2016-17 school year, reports to the Director of Admissions assisting with all aspects of the Admissions and Enrollment Management process. In addition, this individual is responsible for the internal department management of Summer Programs registration.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in meeting enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Admissions Office’s recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting Tampa Prep’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Assist in planning and implementing Admissions events.
- Travel on behalf of the Admissions Office for recruitment and other related events.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key secondary school constituents.
- Oversee international student recruitment, visits and host family placement.
- Organize, train and direct the Terrapin Corps.
- Organize all aspects of daily prospective student visits.
- Manage student volunteers for hosting prospective students, giving tours and Open Houses.
- Assist in evaluating and executing admission decisions on applicant files.
- Assist with the management and registration of Summer Programs.
- Guide and work closely with prospective families through the Admissions process.
- Assist in developing and monitoring statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of Admissions experience.
- Previous supervisory experience managing professional and student staff is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing and be able to speak publicly.
- Should possess a creative spark, high energy, attention to detail, and the ability to organize effectively.
- Have experience interviewing prospective students.
- Have a mastery of the modules with the Senior Systems operating program.
- Be familiar and proficient in the process of enrolling international students and interacting with SEVIS.
- Explain, guide and communicate the process of issuing J1 visa to international students and negotiate SEVIS rules and regulations.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability insurance; Employee Assistance Program; tuition remission; and retirement (TIAA-CREF). Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit cover letter and resume to Dennis Facciolo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Rowing Coach
The Tampa Prep Rowing team is seeking two assistant coaches for land and water practices during the 2015-16 school year. The ideal candidates will be available for 2-3 weekday practices, as well as Saturday practice. Weekday practices take place from 4:15 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Saturday practice times vary.
Tampa Preparatory School’s rowing program has a history of success and a long list of state championships. We have great equipment, talented athletes and a supportive school administration. Practices begin mid-August and run through the end of May with breaks in between each season (fall, winter, spring).
Qualifications: Rowing knowledge and experience are a must. Must have or be willing to obtain CPR and first aid certification.
We currently do not have any substitute teacher positions available, however we are always accepting resumes. Applicants must possess a bachelor's degree and be available to work at short notice. Please send a cover letter and resume to Betsy Zollinger at email@example.com.
Director of Athletics
Tampa Preparatory School
727 West Cass Street
Tampa, FL 33606
voice: 813-251-8481, ext 4073
Director of Summer Programs
Tampa Preparatory School
727 West Cass Street
Tampa, FL 33606
voice: 813-251-8481, ext 4009