The Parent Education Committee is a group within the TPPA responsible for hosting speakers about topics relevant to parents.
- Supervisor of Instructional Technology with Hillsborough County Schools Troy Suarez, Ph.D. discusses Social Media and Protecting your Teen. (November 2015)
The following materials were distributed: Presentation Slides, Family Computer Rules, Internet Use Contract, Device Contract and Place a Credit Freeze
You can access recordings of PEC sessions http://vimeopro.com/tampaprep/pec. The following presentations are available:
- Major Robert Ura, Commander of the Crime Investigation Division of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office discusses alcohol and drug trends and how to protect your teen
- Licensed Psychologist Dr. Jennifer Mockler, Licensed Clinical Psychologist Dr. Ashely Vigil-Otero and Bilingual Licensed Mental Health Counselor Stephanie Moir discuss Teenage Anxiety and Depression in Today’s Culture. (March 2015)
- Dr. Wendy Rice speaks about the importance of being knowledgeable about social media and how students are using various social networks. (February 2015)
- Attorney and Tampa Prep alum parent enlightens parents about "Risky Business: What Parents and Students Need to Know about our Criminal Justice System." This presentation includes real-life situations that our students may find themselves in and discussed the consequences – for both students and parents. (November 2014)