Ingrained in the mission of our School, students learn to live “with a higher purpose than self” by volunteering and helping a variety of non-profits throughout the Tampa Bay area. Every year, Tampa Prep manage to record over 10,000 volunteer hours.
- Tampa Prep's downtown location gives students the ability to be in close proximity to many local businesses and organizations. Students have participated in service projects to benefit the following organizations (list is not all-inclusive):
- A Brighter Community
- Academy Prep Center of Tampa
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- Children’s Home
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
- Dig Pink! Campaign
- Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO)
- Faith Café
- Feeding America-Tampa Bay
- Great American Clean-up
- Grand Court
- Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful
- Meals on Wheels
- Metropolitan Ministries
- Ocean Conservancy International Coastal Clean-up
- Operation Migration
- Outdoor Arts Foundation
- Ovarian Cancer Association
- Project Linus
- Redlands Christian Migrant Association School (RCMA)
- Ronald MacDonald House
- Southeastern Guide Dogs
- Susan G. Komen Foundation
- The Spring of Tampa Bay
- Toys for Tots
Community Service Projects
- Students volunteer on a regular basis through several student-led, service clubs and grade- level events:
Over the month of February, Tampa Preparatory School takes time to focus on its mission to create an environment for students to think, create, be themselves, aspire to excellence and go beyond the classroom by volunteering in the Tampa Bay area.
On Terrapin Day, students participate in grade-level service projects. From serving meals to the homeless to helping children of migrant workers, students learn the value of volunteering their time and the impact it has on others in the Tampa Bay area.
Dance Marathon is a nationwide movement involving students at more than 250 schools across the country, all raising money for the local hospital in their community. The year culminates with an 8-40 hour long event where the students stay on their feet through dancing, games, and entertainment in celebration of the total amount raised that year.
We are proud to partner with Bulls For Kids, the largest philanthropy event at the University of South Florida, to help raise funds to benefit Shriners Hospital for Children — Tampa!
Tampa Prep received the 2017 Metropolitan Ministries Unity Award, honoring us for our
proactive and continuous service and support over the last nine years.