Information for Students and Parents
Student-athletes and their families are encouraged to read the Tampa Prep Student-Athlete Handbook. The Student-Athlete Handbook provides answers to many questions you may have about participation in athletics at Tampa Prep.
The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) governs all Florida High School athletics. All Tampa Prep student-athletes must adhere to the rules outlined in the FHSAA Handbook.
Forms Required for Participation:
Students interested in participating in athletics (Middle & Upper School), must have all required forms turned in to Melanie Rodriguez (Tampa Prep's Health Coordinator) prior to the first day of practice. The forms required are:
- Tampa Prep Athletics Particpation Packet (updated 6/12/13)
- Birth Certificate
Middle School Student Participation in Upper School Athletics:
Middle School students are permitted to participate in Upper School Athletics. In order for this to happen, the following steps must be completed:
- Download and fill out the Middle School Athlete Tryout Form.
- Notify the Varsity Head Coach of the sport that you wish to tryout for of your intentions. Contact information for the coaching staff can be found on the Middle School Tryout Form.
- Bring the Middle School Athlete Tryout Form (with your information filled in and with athlete's and Parent's signatures) with you to the first day of tryouts and submit it to the Upper School Coach.
- Participate in the Upper School Tryout/Evaluation period. The dates and times of this period will be provided to you by the Varsity Head Coach.
- At the conclusion of the Tryout period, the Upper School Coach will determine appropriate Placement and Pass the Middle School Athlete Tryout Form along for approval and remaining Signatures.
NCAA Eligibility and Compliance:
All student-athletes interested in participating in athletics in college, must go to the NCAA Clearinghouse Website and register.
NCAA Eligibility Center