Resources and Forms
Below you will find important forms, resources, links and shortcuts to help you navigate Tampa Preparatory School starting in the fall and continuing throughout the year.
- Useful Links & Shortcuts
- Required Forms
- Summer Assignments & Reading
- Tampa Prep Parents Alliance
- Athletic Information for Students & Parents
- CALENDAR: www.tampaprep.org/calendar
- BUS INFO: www.tampaprep.org/discover/bus
- FACULTY/STAFF DIRECTORY: www.tampaprep.org/discover/faculty
- MY BACKPACK: www.tampaprep.org/mybackpack - Your gateway to all Prep account information.
- GUIDE FOR ACADEMICS & STUDENT LIFE: https://www.tampaprep.org/summer/publications/guide
- ATHLETIC SCHEDULES AND RESULTS: www.tampaprep.org/athletics/schedules
- YEARBOOK (info about ordering senior ads): www.tampaprep.org/parents/yearbook
We are here to help!
- ATTENDANCE: Health Coordinator Betsy Zollinger - email@example.com or 813-397-2822
- ATHLETICS: Director of Athletics Chris Lavoie - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4075
- iPADs: Student Technology Support Coordinator Suzy Lassacher - email@example.com or x4105
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Middle School Assistant Kim Souza - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4049
- MY BACKPACK: Director of Database Management David Couchman - email@example.com or x4055
- UPPER SCHOOL: Upper School Assistant Kristy Steel - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4053
- UPPER SCHOOL SCHEDULING: Dean of Students Christine Jisha - email@example.com or x4051
- TUITION/BILLING: Manager of Revenue Accounting Jaime Marquez - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4083
Your student’s Magnus Health portal is accessible through MyBackpack.
Please note: Paper forms will no longer be accepted.
2018-19 Consent and Authorization Form - required for ALL students
- Digitally signed by you and acknowledged by your student in Magnus
Physical Examination and Consent Forms (EL2, EL3 and DH-680)
NOTE: Most health insurance companies only allow one physical per calendar year (not school year). Our records reflect that. If you have submitted a physical and it is still current, it will be uploaded onto your student’s Magnus portal by the end of the summer.
EL2 Participation Physical form (FHSAA) - required for ALL students (whether they play athletics or not)
- Download EL2 form from Magnus (no other physical form will be accepted).
- Take it to your physician and get an exam. Page 1 requires parent and student signature. Page 2 requires family physician’s signature and date.
- Upload filled out form to Magnus.
EL3 Consent and Release from Liability form (FHSAA) - required for ALL students (whether they play athletics or not)
- Download and print out form from Magnus.
- Requires parent and student signature.
- Upload signed form to Magnus.
DH-680 - required for ALL students
A current immunization record (DH-680) must be on file with the School before the first day of classes.
- Get DH-680 form at your physician’s office.
- Be sure form indicates that your student has had his/her adult Tetanus booster (7th grade and above) and 2 doses of varicella vaccine OR documentation of having the disease.
- Upload form to Magnus.
Tampa Prep Pool Waiver - required for ALL students
- Digitally signed by you and acknowledged by your student in Magnus.
Birth Certificate - for NEW students ONLY
- Upload a copy of your new student’s birth certificate to his/her Magnus portal.
- Current students’ birth certificates will be uploaded for them by the end of the summer.
Senior Off-Campus Lunch Waiver - Seniors ONLY
- Digitally signed by you and acknowledged by your student in Magnus. Senior’s cell phone number must be included.
Questions about using Magnus? Contact the Magnus Parent Help Desk at 877-461-6831.
Having difficulty accessing your student’s Magnus account in MyBackpack? Contact David Couchman at email@example.com.Questions about forms? Email Betsy Zollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents are an integral part of the Tampa Prep community. The partnership between Prep and our families is vital for student success and we are grateful for the valuable role parents play in our community.
Through the Tampa Prep Parents Alliance, parents partner with the school to provide support for many activities, events and programs. These volunteer functions are an essential part of what makes Prep great. We take great pride in the role parents play and we value this relationship. This page features an overview of key information for current Tampa Prep parents. Learn more and see upcoming events.
Middle and Upper School Athletic Policies & Procedures
View the athletic policies and procedures on our FAQ page.
The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) governs all Florida High School athletics. All Tampa Prep student-athletes must adhere to the rules outlined in the FHSAA Handbook.
Forms Required for Participation
Students interested in participating in athletics (Middle & Upper School), must have all required forms turned in to Betsy Zollinger (Tampa Prep's Health Coordinator) prior to the first day of practice.
Middle School Student Participation in Upper School Athletics
Middle School students are permitted to participate in Upper School Athletics, only with prior approval from the Middle School Director of Athletics John DeTringo. Student-athletes who have not communicated with Mr. DeTringo (and completed the form he provides) prior to the sport’s tryout date will not be allowed to participate until such communication takes place.
NCAA Eligibility and Compliance
All student-athletes interested in participating in athletics in college must register at the NCAA Eligibility Center.