Resources and Forms
Below you will find important forms, resources, links and shortcuts to help you navigate Tampa Preparatory School starting in the fall and continuing throughout the year.
- Useful Links & Shortcuts
- Required Forms
- Summer Assignments & Reading
- Tampa Prep Parents Alliance
- Athletic Information for Students & Parents
- CALENDAR: www.tampaprep.org/calendar
- BUS INFO: www.tampaprep.org/discover/bus
- FACULTY/STAFF DIRECTORY: www.tampaprep.org/discover/faculty
- MY BACKPACK: www.tampaprep.org/mybackpack - Your gateway to all Prep account information.
- GUIDE FOR ACADEMICS & STUDENT LIFE: https://www.tampaprep.org/summer/publications/guide
- ATHLETIC SCHEDULES AND RESULTS: www.tampaprep.org/athletics/schedules
- YEARBOOK (info about ordering senior ads): www.tampaprep.org/parents/yearbook
We are here to help!
- ATTENDANCE: Health Coordinator Betsy Zollinger - firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-397-2822
- ATHLETICS: Director of Athletics Mike Flynn - email@example.com or x4075
- iPADs: Student Technology Support Coordinator Suzy Lassacher - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4105
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Middle School Assistant Kim Souza - email@example.com or x4049
- MY BACKPACK: Director of Database Management David Couchman - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4055
- UPPER SCHOOL: Upper School Assistant Kristy Steel - email@example.com or x4053
- UPPER SCHOOL SCHEDULING: Dean of Students Christine Jisha - firstname.lastname@example.org or x4051
- TUITION/BILLING: Manager of Revenue Accounting Bonnie Warfel - email@example.com or x4083
NEW STUDENTS ONLY
All new students must submit a copy of their birth certificate. This is to maintain our accreditation with the Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS) and Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA).
Login to My BackPack at https://tampaprep.seniormbp.com/SeniorApps to update your Family Information, including grandparent information so they will receive invitations for Grandparents Day.
Every student is required to have a yearly physical examination. Each physical is good for one calendar year. So that our records will be consistent, use the FHSAA physical examination form below.
- Page one must be completed and signed by you and the student.
- Page two must be completed and signed by your family doctor.
- Return the complete form to the School Office.
- Additionally, a current immunization record must be on file with the School. All 7th Grade Students and New Students Grades 8 – 12 must provide the school with a DH-680 immunization form by the start of classes. This form is only available at your physician's office. The DH-680 form must show your student has had his/her adult Tetanus booster and two doses of the varicella vaccine or proof of the disease.
THE FORMS BELOW MUST BE FILLED OUT FOR EVERY STUDENT ATTENDING TAMPA PREP EACH YEAR. All forms must be completed via the Magnus portal by July 20, 2018 (details to come).
- 2017-2018 Consent and Authorization Form
- FHSAA Physical Form EL-2
- FHSAA Consent Form EL-3
- Tampa Prep Pool Waiver new students only
- Pathfinders Waiver and Form 9th grade students only
- Senior Off-Campus Lunch Waiver seniors only
2017-18 Summer Assignments
Compelling research, as presented in works such as Kelly Gallagher's Readicide and Daniel Pink's Drive, emphasizes the imperative of autonomy, choice and relevancy in shaping life-long learners. Inspired by these findings, the English Department has spent more than three years redesigning curriculum to better mold critical thinkers while fostering a love for reading. Our summer reading list selections were carefully chosen because they are engaging reads that will resonate with students. We encourage you to peruse this list and make some choices of your own. Happy Reading!
6th Grade Summer Reading List
7th Grade Summer Reading List
8th Grade Summer Reading List
9th Grade Summer Reading List
10th Grade Summer Reading List
11th Grade Summer Reading List
11th Grade AP Summer Reading List
12th Grade Summer Reading List
12th Grade AP Summer Reading List
AP SUMMER ASSIGNMENTS
Students enrolled in Advanced Placement courses for the upcoming school year may be required to complete a summer assignment. These assignments serve the dual purposes of both reviewing relevant material learned last year and previewing material for the AP course. It is essential that all students complete each assignment, and do so in a thorough and timely manner. The assignment may constitute part of an early assessment for the course. Please download applicable assignments below and email the instructors with any questions.
AP Studio Art 2-D Portfolio assignment
AP Studio Art 3-D Portfolio assignment
AP Biology assignment
AP Calculus assignment
AP Chemistry assignment
AP Economics assignment
AP Environmental Science assignment
AP French assignment
AP Government and Politics assignment
AP Music Theory assignment
AP Psychology assignment
AP Spanish Language assignment
AP Spanish Literature and Culture assignment
AP US History
AP World History assignment
Parents are an integral part of the Tampa Prep community. The partnership between Prep and our families is vital for student success and we are grateful for the valuable role parents play in our community.
Through the Tampa Prep Parents Alliance, parents partner with the school to provide support for many activities, events and programs. These volunteer functions are an essential part of what makes Prep great. We take great pride in the role parents play and we value this relationship. This page features an overview of key information for current Tampa Prep parents. Learn more and see upcoming events.
Middle and Upper School Athletic Policies & Procedures
View the athletic policies and procedures on our FAQ page.
The Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) governs all Florida High School athletics. All Tampa Prep student-athletes must adhere to the rules outlined in the FHSAA Handbook.
Forms Required for Participation
Students interested in participating in athletics (Middle & Upper School), must have all required forms turned in to Betsy Zollinger (Tampa Prep's Health Coordinator) prior to the first day of practice.
Middle School Student Participation in Upper School Athletics
Middle School students are permitted to participate in Upper School Athletics, only with prior approval from the Middle School Director of Athletics John DeTringo. Student-athletes who have not communicated with Mr. DeTringo (and completed the form he provides) prior to the sport’s tryout date will not be allowed to participate until such communication takes place.
NCAA Eligibility and Compliance
All student-athletes interested in participating in athletics in college must register at the NCAA Eligibility Center.